Associate Scientist, Analytic Chemistry
About Aktis Oncology
Aktis Oncology is a biotechnology company pioneering the discovery and development of a new class of targeted alpha radiopharmaceuticals to treat a broad range of solid tumor cancers. Founded and incubated by MPM Capital, the company has developed proprietary platforms to generate tumor targeting agents with ideal properties for alpha radiotherapy. Designed for high tumor penetration and long residence time, Aktis Oncology’s molecules will quickly clear other areas of the body, thereby maximizing tumor elimination while minimizing side effects of treatment. This approach would enable clinicians to visualize and verify target engagement prior to exposure to therapeutic radioisotopes.
Position is contract to hire. The candidate for Analytical Chemist will apply peptide purification and analytical techniques to enable the development of drug samples. They will work in cross-functional teams for peptide inventory management and will register and distribute compounds to biologists for screening purposes.
Position title to be finalized commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 3+ years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Previous peptide purification and analysis experience strongly desired
- Demonstrated ability to: successfully purify and characterize peptides utilizing analytical and peptide chemistry knowledge; proficiency in multiple analytical techniques for peptide characterization including an assessment of physicochemical properties. This experience will be used to:
- Perform purification of peptides/peptide conjugates using various prep-HPLC techniques
- Perform characterization of peptides/ peptide conjugates using LC-MS, HPLC, UPLC, and other techniques
- Support contract peptide synthesis and analytical services with CROs, including analytical method development for peptides
- Acquire and maintain laboratory equipment (LC-MS, analytical/prep HPLC, SEC, etc.) and able to identify and troubleshoot technical issues
- Perform sample management using CDD software and generate a safety data sheet
- Perform lab support activities such as waste management, weight amino acids, and maintenance of analytical instruments
- Understand and maintain a safe work environment for themselves and others in accordance with laboratory procedural requirements
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with other R&D team members and collaborators to progress peptide-based hits into leads and development candidate compounds
- Demonstrated high standards for scientific rigor, team behaviors, excellence, and building a culture of innovation that is fully aligned with company objectives
- Demonstrated a sense of urgency, and tenacity for enterprise benefit
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.